What threats and opportunities face the conveyancing profession, and what do you think - let us know. A straw poll conducted recently revealed the following, and they are worthy of your comment and consideration:
- Slowing property market - less demand;
- Increased competition amongst conveyancers (lower margins);
- Financial institutions using technology to monitor performance;
- New property legislation - many unknowns;
- Local authority and Deeds Office delays;
- SARS initiatives to check taxes before transfer; and
- Zimbabwe style land anarchy.
- Tech savvy firms can still do well;
- Decreasing bandwidth/Internet/telephony costs;
- Rates, SARS and other electronic initiatives;
- Many new land parcels to be unlocked;
- General economic growth still strong; and
- SA considered under borrowed - new bond opportunities.
So, let us know either by emailing me, John de Villiers
or by adding them below and we will publish your views.