Last week’s article - Secure communication would be incomplete without reiterating the need for strong passwords, as the security of every platform/application ultimately depends on the strength of the user’s password.
WIRED magazine recently asked a field of password security experts for their favourite unexpected advice. In addition to not writing them down and using a password manager, and by not using ones which are easily guessable, they suggested the following six tips and tricks.
- Think length, not complexity
- Keep it weird
- Don’t bunch up your special characters
- Never double dip (i.e. use the same password everywhere)
- Don’t change them so often
- Don’t panic – stick to the basics
Full article on Wired