Where an owner for practical or commercial reasons wants to consolidate a unit the following procedure is to be followed:
Consolidation of units
- Obtain consent from trustees.
- Obtain approved consolidation plan.
- Apply to the Registrar of Deeds and lodge the following:
- Application (Form O)
- Sectional plan of consolidation (in duplicate).
- Sectional title deeds of the sections to be consolidated.
- Bond for disposal.
- Certificate of registered sectional title (Form Q).
Cognisance should be taken of the fact that exclusive use areas cannot be subdivided or consolidated (see RCR 5 of 1991 and RCR 4 of 2003). The right must be cancelled, re-delineated and ceded by the body corporate.
Republished with permission from SA Deeds Journal